Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Free Candles!

I am always using my candles as gifts for friends and family. My hope is to attract customers and word of mouth advertising. It works for the most part. But lately - it has been awesome!

I participated in a Secret Santa gift exchange on a message board with other foster moms. It was fun giving a gift to someone I had never met and it was fun to see where mine came from. As usual with a group of over 100 participants, some people fell down on the job and there were people who received no gift. So.... several of us stepped up and sent out more packages. Christmas in January is awesome! Anyway, I sent my candles to 3 ladies that all live in different parts of the US. The best part is that they all LOVE them and are wanting information on ordering more. How very exciting.

Now for the big question... Do I work on my e commerce site or just have them email me? I am thinking at least get the e commerce site presentable (or not so embarrassing) and let them order that way. Perhaps if I scale it back a bit..... I'll have to go and take a look at it from fresh eyes to see what would be the easiest thing to do.

It is great to hear from strangers that they love my candles. Of course family and friends always say they do - but it means a little more from strangers.

Candle Shop NOW Open

A friend of mine recently told me that I need to schedule my 4 hours of candle business on my calendar just like I do all my appointments. I am going to give Saturday morning a try. If I am not lazy and get up like I do during the week, I can get in 4 hours before the day really gets started. So if you hear someone moaning and hitting the snooze this Saturday - that will be me wanting just a few minutes of shuteye!



Have a great day blog world!

0 comments: